Completing a rehabilitation program is only the first step in maintaining a life of sobriety moving forward. Even if you have completed a 30, 60, or 90-day rehab program, aftercare resources are essential to avoid falling for the trap of temptation or relapsing altogether. When choosing the rehab center or program that is right for you, it is important to consider and compare all of your options to ensure the aftercare resources available are adequate for your needs.
Choosing the Right Rehabilitation Program for You
Choosing a rehabilitation program or center that is right for you can feel confusing and overwhelming if you are unfamiliar with your options. The most common types of rehab centers and programs include inpatient rehabilitation treatment facilities, intensive outpatient programs, and standard outpatient programs. Compare the difference between the type of programs and centers before selecting a path that is suitable for your needs.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers
Inpatient rehabilitation centers typically offer programs that last 30, 60, and 90 days. Anyone enrolled in an inpatient program is required to live within the treatment facility throughout the entirety of the program itself. Inpatient programs are ideal for those who require medically-monitored detox solutions, counseling, therapy, and even assistance from medical doctors.
Intensive Outpatient Programs
Intensive outpatient programs can include traditional outpatient programs as well as access to hospitals and other medical facilities for those in need of treatment. In some cases, intensive outpatient programs are ordered by the court system to allow individuals in need to continue working and taking care of household responsibilities while seeking help.
Outpatient programs are the most common types of rehabilitation programs, as they do not require those in need of help to relocate. Some outpatient programs may include individual therapy, group counseling, and sponsor meetings to help prevent relapse while learning to better communicate about your struggles with addiction.
The Importance of Aftercare Resources
Aftercare resources help individuals who have struggled with addiction maintain their sobriety without giving in to the temptation they may encounter once they resume their everyday lives. Aftercare is essential to keep individuals sober as they continue to make progress at home, with family members, friends, and even with their careers.
Types of Aftercare Resources
Before choosing a rehabilitation program or center that is right for you, learn about the various types of aftercare services they provide. Because each rehabilitation center and the program operates independently, it is important to inquire about aftercare resources before choosing a location that is right for you.
- Individual Therapy: Individual therapy sessions help individuals express themselves while communicating about struggles, temptations, and challenges they face each day while sober. Regular therapy is beneficial and helps prevent relapses.
- Family Counseling Sessions: Family counseling sessions are suitable for those who have familial issues that may have triggered an addiction or mental health afflictions. Family counseling can help repair family units who have been disturbed or torn apart due to addiction.
- Sponsor Meetings: Attending sponsor meetings is highly recommended whether you have completed an inpatient rehab program or a traditional outpatient program. Obtaining a sponsor is a way to ensure you have someone to turn to if you are feeling tempted to turn to alcohol and drugs. Sponsors are also available 24/7, which helps those in recovery build a necessary support system.
- Prevention Therapy: Prevention therapy is also available through some rehabilitation programs. Prevention therapy is a specialized therapy that focuses on keeping individuals from relapsing or surrounding themselves with temptations.
- Sober Living Homes: Sober living homes are both short and long-term aftercare solutions that are for those in need of sober housing once they have completed an inpatient rehabilitation program.
- Case Management Assistance: Case management assistance is extremely valuable and ensures that you are cared for as an individual. Case managers are able to provide you with the aftercare resources that are most beneficial to you.
Even if you feel as if you are immune to temptation or relapse, following up with aftercare resources is highly advisable for anyone who has just completed a rehabilitation program. With the right aftercare resources, maintain your sobriety, your willpower, and your ability to look forward to a future without the use of alcohol or drugs.
Ready to get started on your road to recovery? Call us at 866-300-6707 to learn more about rehabilitation centers and aftercare programs that are right for you on your journey to sobriety today.