Each year, millions of individuals from around the globe visit their doctor due to increased depression and anxiety. Suffering from severe depression can feel overwhelming and at times, even impossible without the proper help and assistance. If you are currently struggling with depression in addition to addiction, seeking the right recovery center is essential to help with the recovery process. Understanding the different types of addiction treatment programs that are available to you is a way to find a solution that can genuinely help you on your road to recovery.
Types of Addiction Centers
There are various types of addiction centers and programs available depending on your location and the type of help you require. Inpatient rehabilitation treatment centers, outpatient programs, and intensive outpatient programs are the most common types of solutions available for individuals struggling to overcome an addiction on their own. Understanding what each type of center or program offers is a way to choose a path that is right for you.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers: Inpatient rehabilitation centers require all individuals in need of help to remain on the premises of the center itself throughout the duration of their program. Most inpatient rehab programs last anywhere from 30 days to more than 90 days. If you require additional help, it may be possible to extend your stay depending on your preferred location. Inpatient rehabilitation centers are optimal for those suffering from depression. Inpatient programs provide access to medical doctors and care specialists who are professionals in the mental health field.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs: Intensive outpatient programs may be run out of a hospital or medical clinic. You may be required by law to complete intensive outpatient programs if you have committed a crime while under the influence. In some cases, intensive outpatient programs may provide additional help for mental health issues such as depression, but it is not as common as inpatient rehab centers provide.
- Outpatient Programs: Outpatient programs are the most common type of rehab for most individuals. Outpatient programs typically involve counseling, group therapy, and sponsor meetings. While outpatient programs are beneficial in their own right, they do not also offer support for depression and other mental health afflictions.
For those who are struggling with afflictions such as depression, anxiety, or other mental health disorders, seek an addiction center that provides dual diagnosis services. Most often, inpatient rehabilitation programs are optimal for anyone struggling with mental health issues such as depression. Working together with doctors and professionals who specialize in addiction, depression, and mental health can drastically improve your wellbeing while shaping your outlook to a more positive one.
Benefits of Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers for Depression
Choosing an inpatient rehabilitation center for depression is highly advisable, especially if your depression is fueling an ongoing cycle of addiction. Addiction has the ability to lead to depression just as depression has the ability to lead to addiction, making it an extremely vicious and volatile cycle.
An inpatient rehabilitation program or center requires anyone in need of help to live within the premises while completing their programs. In addition to providing a safe and stable environment, other advantages that come along with an inpatient rehabilitation center and program include:
- Environment: Inpatient rehab centers enforce a strict zero-tolerance policy, prohibiting the use or ownership of drugs and alcohol. Keeping temptation at bay is extremely important for those who are currently in the recovery process.
- Group Counseling: Meet with others who are enrolled in the same program to discuss your obstacles and challenges. Not only will you learn to better communicate your own story and struggles, but you will also learn how to listen to others.
- Dual Diagnosis: Dual diagnosis services are some of the most important services an inpatient rehab facility or treatment center offers to incoming individuals in need of help. Dual diagnosis is a way to determine what type of care you require based on your mental and physical health along with the severity of your current addiction.
- Medically-Monitored Detox: Medically-monitored detox programs ensure the safety and wellbeing of any individual who has developed a physical dependency on drugs or alcohol.
Are you struggling not only with addiction but also depression? Are you looking for the right treatment center to work through the physical and emotional afflictions you face each day? Our counselors are available 24 hours a day. Call 866-300-6707 to learn more about our addiction centers and to find a treatment program that is right for you today.
Medically Reviewed: September 25, 2019
All of the information on this page has been reviewed and verified by a certified addiction professional.